- Low pay at Weight Watchers. “The $18 base rate for running meetings has not increased in more than a decade. . . . The restlessness over low pay extends across the weight-loss industry to Weight Watchers’ rivals, including Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem.”
- At Berkeley I told undergraduates: “Do as many internships as possible. Take as few courses as possible.” Salman Khan (of Khan Academy) has a similar view and suggests that college should be built around this idea.
- The Umami Burger empire
- The Positive Deviance Initiative
- Michael Wolff on Edward Jay Epstein’s Annals of Unsolved Crimes
- Another teacher who stopped grading. “It has honestly been the best thing I have implemented in my career.”
Thanks to Bryan Castañeda.