- more black tea, less diabetes (cross-national comparison).Earlier research supports the idea that black tea reduces diabetes.
- Nassim Taleb praises an obscure French novel (translated into English) called The Opposing Shore. Says it is about “the antechamber of anticipation”.
- Natto consumption in different parts of Japan and correlation with Vitamin K levels and hip fracture risk. The correlation between natto consumption and hip fracture risk is weak but significant and cannot be explained by differences in wealth or overall soybean consumption. This is excellent epidemiology.
- Five reasons butter is a superfood. I was unaware that conjugated linoleic acid (of which butter is a good source) inhibits tumors.
- Fish oil and brain injury. Read this before you have a brain injury.
Thanks to Anne Weiss and Dave Lull.