- The advantages of raquetball self-education
- Nassim Taleb on British economic governance. I like the idea of a list of firms that will be bailed out.
- Lactofermented mayonnaise. “[Without fermentation this] will only last for about a week in the refrigerator. On the other hand, [if fermented (7-12 hours at room temperature), it] will last about 6-8 weeks or longer.”
- Cosmic rays and cloud formation. Does cosmic ray variation cause global temperature variation?
- Man the opportunist by Melissa McEwen
- WSJ anti-AGW letter writers respond to critics.
Thanks to Ryan Holiday, Matt Cassel, Tom George and Dave Lull.
2 Replies to “Assorted Links”
Fallon and Enig’s “Nourishing Traditions” cookbook contains a similar recipe for mayo. In their recipe whey is optional, and if excluded reduces the life of the mayo, but if included a period of fermentation is not required.
I’ve made mayo with and without whey, and with whey it lasts a lot longer, even if you put it directly in the fridge.
Homemade mayo is well worth it, and once you get the procedure down takes very little time.
the death of man-made global warming will go uncovered by much of the media – – – –
Comments are closed.