- More about the Stapel fraud. The whole report.
- participatory action research. “A way to increase understanding of how change in one’s actions or practices can mutually benefit a community of practitioners.” More practical than most academic research. Edging toward group self-experimentation.
- At a Reed College alumni lunch, I sat next to a professor of economics. “What do you think of Jane Jacobs?” I said. “Who’s that?” she said. I am glad to learn that Elinor Ostrom, winner of a recent Nobel Prize in economics, was influenced by Jacobs. Ostrom is a political science professor.
- “recently. I first realized the power of self-experimentation when it showed my dermatologist was wrong.
- Monopolies of knowledge (Wikipedia entry).
Thanks to Bryan Castañeda, Lemniscate, Dave Lull and Reihan Salam.